A lot of people today are suffering from lack of sleep. In fact, these people keep on looking for a good vitamin that helps them get enough sleep. For the health-minded readers, this content informs how melatonin gives an enough sleep to a patient. Patients that have problems on sleeping considered it as big trouble. No one wants to feel unwell, lack of sleep feels that way. These patients experience symptoms such as getting trouble to sleep and having trouble to stay asleep. With no surprise, during the late 40s to 50s, this is the period to start melatonin deficiency. To be near the age of 60, melatonin decreases faster.
What is melatonin?
Melatonin is a kind of powerful antioxidant. It provides various benefits. The melatonin benefits help to support eye health, heartburn, treat stomach ulcers, increase men hormone levels and ease tinnitus symptoms. To sum it up, melatonin is a hormone that naturally made through the pineal gland. Research shows how much more it does aside from getting sleep. In fact, it prevents againsts Alzheimer’s disease, migraine, and other neurodegenerative diseases. Also, it may help the cancer patients to live longer. To make sure that the melatonin is stored sufficiently, then it is beneficial for sleep, but also to the immune system and brain. There are a lot of ways to treat melatonin deficiency and to get healthy and sleep back. Melatonin plays a significant role in health.
Good health plus melatonin
Melatonin is one of the beneficial miracle hormones produced by the human body. It has multiple benefits. It is an utmost antioxidant that goes after two of the most dangerous free radicals, hydroxyl radicals and hydrogen peroxide that causes poor health. Perhaps, melatonin is best known for its ability on helping of getting sleep and to relieve jet lag. This is a benefit wherein it regulates the internal time clock of the body. Melatonin does not end up there, it has more benefits such as:
- Neurological diseases – Alzheimer patients are low in melatonin. Supplementation of melatonin helps to increase agitation syndrome. It is called sundowning, which accompanies Alzheimer. It prevents brain fatal and damage that results from strokes.
- Heart safety – cholesterol level is normalized with melatonin. Plus, it lowers blood pressure.
- Fights cancer – melatonin affects several cancers: liver, breast, prostate, lung, and brain metastases. It also counteracts the toxic effects of chemotherapy like heart damage, anemia, fatigue, and mouth sores.
- Psychologically ally – melatonin helps relieve anxiety and stress. Both are aggravated by a deficiency of sleep.
- Boosts sex drive – since melatonin is produced by the pineal gland, the same gland in regulating the sex hormones. It restores sex interest.
- Prevents depression – good thing about melatonin depression benefit is to help people gets depressed that made time difficult to fall asleep. This will be a great treatment to get rid from depression.
Melatonin deficiency symptoms
Fixing deficiency of melatonin in the human body is rather easy. But, how to be able to know to have lack of melatonin? People that aged 50 and over greatly experience deficient in melatonin. The same as deficient in the other hormones such as testosterone and estrogen when getting older. Young people are unlikely to have melatonin deficiency unless it has other health conditions that herald deficiency.